What are Directory Submission Websites?
If you know what a phone directory does, you can easily understand what these sites do. Instead of phone numbers, directory submission sites have a plethora of website links and information. This information is organised in various directories based on the niche or section to which it belongs.
The main advantage of these websites is that they raise the search engine ranking, which increases traffic. The primary function of web directories is to allow website owners to submit information about their websites to the web directory.
Directory Submission Types
There are three major types of directory submissions:
- Basic Directory Submission– A single description and various titles are submitted to distinct categories via this single URL.
- Manual Directory Submission– Several descriptions are written for multiple titles and one URL in this program.
- Multiple Directory Submission– This involves submitting multiple internal URLs of the same website with different titles and descriptions.
The Benefits of Web Directory Submission in SEO Directory submission is one of the most effective SEO strategies. It has numerous advantages, which is why bloggers and SEO experts use it.
Here are some of its main advantages:
- Increase link popularity: Directory submission has become an essential SEO practice for generating high-quality backlinks. Backlinks are important to search engines, and these sites can help you get quality backlinks for your website. It is a tried and tested method for SEO ranking and link diversity.
- Improved search engine ranking: Listing your website in top directories will provide your website with the necessary exposure. According to experts, it is the best way to boost search engine rankings and build links.
- Page indexing and blog posts: With directory submission, search engines will almost certainly give you page indexing. Following the submission, the search engine will begin locating your website through backlinks created by another website.
- Traffic generation: It goes without saying that using the right keywords can help your Directory submission get listed in search engines. Despite having a high search engine ranking, it automatically directs the target audience to your website.
Directory Submission Site Types
There are various types of directory submission sites that can help you obtain high-quality backlinks for your website. There are eight different types of submissions; please describe them in detail:
- Sites for Free Directory Submission: These sites offer free directory submission, but there is no guarantee that the administrator will approve your link submission. The disadvantage of free sites is that they take a long time to produce results.
- Paid Directory Submission: Choosing a paid listing can help you generate backlinks quickly. You must pay a fee to the site administrator in order to submit your business information here. These websites charge an annual or lifetime fee to provide Directory Submission services.
- Automated Directory Submission: There are a variety of online tools and software that can be used to submit these directories.
- Manual Directory Submission: This is a slightly time-consuming and difficult method because you must complete the entire task on your own.
- Nofollow Directory Submission: This method has not been very successful because people have not received the desired results. You would have to make a calculated move if you had submitted the link in this Directory Submission.
- Dofollow Directory Submission: If you want to improve your blog’s ranking, use this method. This method is used by many bloggers to increase organic traffic to their blogs.
- Niche Directory Submission: In its functional domain, this unique method includes RSS feeds, script and software, blogs, Web designers, Web hosting companies, SEO companies, and other online businesses. Every specialty directory You would find submission trades with a specific subject in the category under a general directory list.
- Submission to a Reciprocal Directory: When you enable the directory connection, you should also submit a link. After the directory administrator approves this link, you will receive backlinks.
These are the various types of directory submission sites; you can select one based on your company’s needs and usage. The next important thing to understand is how to make a directory submission.
How Do You Submit Your Website to a Directory Submission Site?
- The first step is to choose the best directory submission website from the list.
- Choose the website to which you want to submit your website or blog.
- Next, select the category that corresponds to your blog’s niche.
- After selecting a category, click the submit link button, and your blog will be added to the directory.
- There are still a few steps to go. When you click the submit link button, you will be presented with a number of options to help you narrow down your options.
- The final step is to click the add article button. Following that, you must include information such as a title, description, and URL.
List of 800+ Directory Submission Sites (2022)
Here is a list of free and paid high-quality directory submission sites to choose from.
Directory Submission Site Dos and Don’ts
When submitting your site to directories, you should be aware of their do’s and don’ts:
- Submit your website to well-known directories to boost traffic. Also, the quality of the backlinks should be high because they, too, contribute to the website’s optimization process.
- Select carefully for your anchor text and avoid spammy usage. Do not use the same anchor text against each link. Choose different keywords for each link and change the description.
- Check that the directory you choose has a distinct category structure that will aid in the organisation of information when you submit your website into categories. This facilitates the quick retrieval of the required information.
- Remember to check the directory’s domain authority.
- The title and description you choose should be relevant and appropriate. Remember to include the main keyword in the title of the anchor text.
- Check the directory to see if the website is not already listed. It would save you a significant amount of time.
- When building links, always keep quality in mind. Rather than a slew of low-quality links, one high-quality link is preferable. As a result the links from high PR directories aid in increasing traffic to your website.
- Avoid paying for links and instead opt for one-way links via directory submission.
- Keep track of your submissions and check your approval status on a regular basis. Many free directory submission sites may approve your site immediately, while others may charge you to submit your site to a few top sites.
- It is critical to document your work in order to track performance. Documentation will allow you to determine whether your SEO strategies are effective.
- Remember that the directory that uses the’rel=no follow’ technique for your link is useless because it contributes nothing to your optimization campaign. That link to your site is not followed by search engines. Redirects are sometimes ignored by search engines when it comes to backlinks.
- Avoid link farms, bad neighborhoods, and free-for-all (FFA) link exchange sites as they may cause harm to your site
- If you notice that the directory is not approving the site without manually reviewing it, do not submit it there. They do it with the help of some automated scripts.
- Do not submit mirror sites because they contain the same content but have different URLs.
- Many directories will not accept sites that were submitted within the same month. They may display the error “Domain already exists.” However, if you have not yet listed it, select a more relevant category and then submit it.
- It is not considered good practice to submit the same URL more than once. Choose a site that does not redirect to another address.
- Before submitting, wait for the site to be finished It is as simple as this: Do not submit sites to such a directory if you see an under construction notice or if the site is incomplete.